The Centre has more than 30 personal computers (PC) for computational work, laser printers, color printers, scanners. The computer laboratory is open till mid-night. Free Internet service is also available. Various office and computational software for hydrologic, hydraulic/channel flow, ground water flow, solute transport, soil salinity, river system, catchment modeling, uplift pressure, flood flow routing, etc. are available for research. Computer languages programming facility available include FORTRAN, C++, Basic, etc. The students are encouraged to have an extensive one-term training on computer programming. Computers uses in their assignments, and design work besides in research studies involving numerical mathematics is common practice in the Centre.
A variety of software of special interest to students is available on each computer in this lab, including ArcGIS, HEC RAS, MOD Flow, SIC and other software running under the latest version of Operating System (O.S).
The registered version of software available in this lab are as follows:
- SIC Software (Parallel Dongle)
- Arc GIS (Basic) Arc GIS Spatial Analyst Ver 10.1 (For Server Installation Guide Only)
- Groundwater Vista (Standard) (CD + USB Dongle)
- MIKE by DHI (CD + USB Dongle)
- IRRICAD (CD + USB Dongle & Manual)
- Acquirfer (Winflow) Groundwater Vista 6 Standard (USB Dongle)
- ILWIS 3.3 (Standard Version)