STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE FOR THE AWARD OF CEWRE FELLOWSHIP/SCHOLARSHIP
Following Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) will be observed for the award of Centre of Excellence in Water Resources Engineering (CEWRE) Fellowship/Scholarship:
A). The Policy
- The CEWRE Fellowship/Scholarship will be awarded from Fellowship/Scholarship Head to the full time regular students (an M.Sc student will ensure 20hrs of presence at Campus & will be performing duties as assigned to him by Lab. Incharge/Advisor/Director and a Ph.D student will ensure 40hrs for presence at Campus & will performing duties as assigned by Lab. Incharge/Advisor/Director) enrolled in second and onward semesters of M.Sc and Ph.D programs.
- A fellowship/scholarship committee of odd members will be constituted by the Director to implement fellowship/scholarship scheme as per these prevailing SOP’s & other rules.
- An awardee is not to hold any other fellowship/scholarship/stipend during the fellowship/scholarship period.
- The fellowship scholars are bound to complete the studies within specific period of time.
- It is not allowed to take semester breaks during entire fellowship/scholarship period.
- The fellowship/scholarship will be awarded, initially for a period of one year and would be extendable periodically up to a maximum of 2 years for an M.Sc student and 4 years for a Ph.D student subject to the satisfactory performance of the awardee.
- Awardee will be required to submit regular reports of academic performance through his/her academic Advisor/Research Supervisor at the end of each semester.
- During the fellowship/scholarship period, awardee would also be bound to comply with all official directives, issued by the competent authority. Unsatisfactory progress and non-compliance to official orders will render liable to cancellation of fellowships/scholarships and the awardee will have no right and no claim for the continuity of the scholarships in the next semesters.
- An awardee shall sign an agreement with the CEWRE on non-judicial paper (stamp paper) to the effect that in case the awardee leaves the CEWRE without completing the degree he/she will have to pay back the entire amount of the fellowship/scholarship received.
- In addition, a personal guarantee of a person of means on non-judicial (stamp) paper to the effect of ensuring the recovery in case of default by the student would need to be furnished.
B). Eligibility Criteria
- The CEWRE Fellowship/Scholarship will be awarded on Merit and Need base criteria.
- Merit based Fellowship/Scholarship will be awarded in order of merit based on latest CGPA. A student must have secured minimum CGPA of 3.00 out of 4.00 and positive feedback from the designated authority/Director.
- For Need base fellowship/scholarship, student of parents/guardian having monthly income equal or less than Rs.60,000/- by all means.
Fellowship/Scholarship Stipend Rates
|Sr. No.||Study Level||Monthly Stipend Rates (Rs.)|
|1.||M.Sc.||Rs. 20,000/-per month|
|2.||Ph.D||Rs. 60,000/-per month|
Note: Fellowship/Scholarship awarding committee can change the number of students, amount and duration of Fellowship/Scholarship keeping in view budgetary position and number of qualified applicants.